Olympus sp 350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corlett

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys & Girls

Some photos from my Olympus sp 350, first time back in the water for a good bit,
The Camera at 20 plus meters fails to shoot and freezes, also the batteries are an issue, if you put new batteries in and leave it for a couple of days they will simply die, it eats batteries. besides that does some half decent photos for such a cheap camera..

i disagree. SP-350 fine camera. I have over 250 dives on my SP-350. use the flash for macro stuff underwater. I only use my SP-350 for backup UW camera. XZ-1 is my first now. pic below taken with my SP-350.

P6290986-adj-trim-small.jpg

Hi anenomefishman

The camera is great on macro, but as I say it has a small fault that it literally eats the batteries, it may just be mine and it does freeze on deeper dives, but does takesome great shots...

Hi anenomefishman

The camera is great on macro, but as I say it has a small fault that it literally eats the batteries, it may just be mine and it does freeze on deeper dives, but does takesome great shots...

what I would say is use lithium batteries and shut your SP-350 off between shots. I can get about 12 dives off a set of batteries on my SP-350.

Hi anenomefishman

there is a firmware upgrade for the SP-350 to reduce battery drain. I installed it a number of years ago.

Bruce

You guys are great and have some great shots, here in Portugal the water is not so clear and vis is limited generally to about 5 / 8 mts...
here are some more of wreck penetration and a lovely glass shrimp...

---------- Post added April 1st, 2015 at 09:05 PM ----------

Any sugestions on settings ? ? ? ??

I have, and enjoy, an SP-350 for back-up too. For a quick fix for its not-so-good macro capability I used my foot to squeeze an old SEA & SEA close up lens for the MX-10 into a 46mm-52mm step-up ring and screw it into the housing's front port.

A couple more from today

The Camera is allways FREEZING UP though, 1 photo and then I have to switch it off and on again, also it will not allow makro or menu options once underwater, out of water it works fine...

Any Ideias :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom