Sold! OMS Ballast System QR Weight Pockets

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arkstorm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have for sale a pair of OMS weight pockets in excellent shape. These are the Ballast System pockets and each one can hold up to 15 lbs.

These sell for $125 new.

I'm asking $75 shipped to the lower 48.

Thanks,
A

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpeg
    IMG_2244.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 65
How do they work chief
This is meant to work with a comfort type harness but you can make it work with a hogarthian harness as well. The belt slides attach to your harness by your hips. You then slide the belt webbing all the way through the length of the back of the pocket to keep it from moving around. The bolt snap attaches to the ring on the shoulder strap to suspend the weight.

The quick release mechanism is that 2" buckle that you see in the picture, the male side of which is attached to the exterior and the female side of which is attached to the removable weight pocket. You pinch open and pull on the buckle to ditch your weight. There is also some Velcro there to keep it from moving around.

All in all this is a very functional system if you need to carry A LOT of weight such as cold water diving in a heavy wetsuit or dry suit.

So the clip clips to the round ring of the comfort harness and your waist belt through web tabs in the back

like in your picture where you reverse one pouch and one insert so we can see mate

I’m attaching a picture showing the back of the weight pocket and with the quick ditch pouches inserted so you can see where all of the buckles go.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this should explain it…

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 47
Deal pending.

Sold. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom