One space on La Galigo Liveaboard to Banda & Raja Ampat in Nov 2017 with 15% discount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I'm chartering La Galigo Liveaboard for a 13-day liveaboard diving trip, sailing from Ambon to Sorong, Indonesia, passing Banda and Raja Ampat. We will embark on La Galigo liveaboard from Ambon on November 17, 2017 and disembark the boat in Sorong on December 2, 2017.

The itinerary is now mostly complete, but we will still open for suggestions / modifications and will continue fine-tuning the itinerary as better ideas / suggestions sent to me. You can review the latest itinerary in the Indonesia 2017.PDF file that I put in my Dropbox. Here is the link to the file:

Dropbox - Indonesia 2017.pdf

You can find some information about the La Galigo liveaboard here: La Galigo

I went with La Galigo liveaboard about 6 months ago on their 12-day Ultimate Raja Ampat diving trip, which leads to chartering the boat for the even better 13-day Ambon-Banda-Raja Ampat trip in November 2017. You can review the pictures I took during that trip & some pictures provided by them in my Dropbox. Here are the links to the files:

My Raja Ampat December 2015 diving trip: Dropbox - Raja Ampat

La Galigo liveaboard: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qazl75noto12u8o/AAA9zhrQUzxrdAyuK8eLPf_Za?dl=0

The trip cost, excluding the flight fares and Marine Park Fees, will be $295/day/diver for Deluxe Cabin and $325/day/diver for Master Cabin. Each cabins is set for 2 divers to share a double bed and a single bed, above the double bed (as shown in the La Galigo liveabord picture, in the Dropbox link, above). Currently there is a Deluxe cabin still available to share with a male diver on first-come-first serve basis.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in trip. I’ll start collecting:

1. $1000 deposit 1/diver by November 9, 2016,

2. $1000 deposit 2/diver by March 8, 2017,

3. $1000 deposit 3/diver by June 14, 2017,

4. Final balance/diver by September 13, 2017

Thank you for your attention. Feel free to ask me any questions / suggestions about the trip.

Cheers,
Dan

Forgot to mention about November is the time for schooling of hammerhead sharks in Banda as shown here:

Hi all,

I'm chartering La Galigo Liveaboard for a 13-day liveaboard diving trip, sailing from Ambon to Sorong, Indonesia, passing Banda and Raja Ampat. We will embark on La Galigo liveaboard from Ambon on November 17, 2017 and disembark the boat in Sorong on December 2, 2017.

The itinerary is now mostly complete, but we will still open for suggestions / modifications and will continue fine-tuning the itinerary as better ideas / suggestions sent to me. You can review the latest itinerary in the Indonesia 2017.PDF file that I put in my Dropbox. Here is the link to the file:

Dropbox - Indonesia 2017.pdf

You can find some information about the La Galigo liveaboard here: La Galigo

I went with La Galigo liveaboard about 6 months ago on their 12-day Ultimate Raja Ampat diving trip, which leads to chartering the boat for the even better 13-day Ambon-Banda-Raja Ampat trip in November 2017. You can review the pictures I took during that trip & some pictures provided by them in my Dropbox. Here are the links to the files:

My Raja Ampat December 2015 diving trip: Dropbox - Raja Ampat

La Galigo liveaboard: Dropbox - La Galigo

The trip cost, excluding the flight fares and Marine Park Fees, will be $295/day/diver for Deluxe Cabin and $325/day/diver for Master Cabin. Each cabins is set for 2 divers to share a double bed and a single bed, above the double bed (as shown in the La Galigo liveabord picture, in the Dropbox link, above). Currently there is a Deluxe cabin still available to share with a male diver on first-come-first serve basis.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in trip. I’ll start collecting:

1. $1000 deposit 1/diver by November 9, 2016,

2. $1000 deposit 2/diver by March 8, 2017,

3. $1000 deposit 3/diver by June 14, 2017,

4. Final balance/diver by September 13, 2017

Thank you for your attention. Feel free to ask me any questions / suggestions about the trip.

Cheers,
Dan
Checking on availability. Have been to Komodo and raja

There is one diver is interested but has not confirmed it, yet. I'll let you know once he makes the decision.

What is cost of trip with discount? Very interested.

For the Deluxe Cabin sharing with another diver is $295/day X 13 days = $3835 total excluding flights & Raja Ampat marine park fee ($100).

My roundtrip flight from Houston to Denpasar was $850 last May (3 months ago). I have paid as high as $1600 in summer time or in December. But November will be low season. If I have to guess, it'll be about $1300. In May 2016 the roundtrip domestic flight Denpasar to Sorong was about $500. Going from Jakarta to Ambon & Sorong to Jakarta in the November 2017 trip would be about the same or less than that of May 2016.

If someone else takes spot, l understand. Still interested, but would like to do Komodo again in the off season which the Adelaar does. Just haven't decided which.

Greg

If someone else takes spot, l understand. Still interested, but would like to do Komodo again in the off season which the Adelaar does. Just haven't decided which.

Greg

Can't go wrong with Komodo. I've been there 3x. Raja Ampat 5x. I have never been to Ambon & Banda Sea, which is not easy to get to & November is a good time for hammerheads in Banda. So, that's why I set up this special crossing trip.

You have time to decide. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom