Online Stores In Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gguthrey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm just about to purchase Apeks regulator XTX50 set from jettydive.com.au this will be a online purchase. I've had a good look around and these guys are definitely the cheapest in Australia. I'm guessing my warranty will be fine but what I've heard there's a lifetime service for parts with Apeks if you have them serviced each year. Would that still apply with ordering online... Or should i find a proper Apeks retailer?

Cheers George

according to jettydive, the parts program is no longer offered for australia. i couldn't find a parts program mentioned on the aqualung australia site either. you will get the limited warranty as they are an aqualung dealer.

Would that be the same with scuba doctor?

Why not call and ask them? Do you trust 'unknown' people on a forum more that the staff at the store... :confused:

I just like to be informed a little before making phone calls.

Not aware of Apeks ever offering any life time parts for service. I have bought all my Apeks regs (around 6 sets) from various international on line stores like Divers Warehouse or Dive Inn and just get them serviced when they need it.

My understanding is that when Apex tookover the distribution, of Apex/Aqualung regs in Australia, they stopped supporting "free parts for life" with annual servicing. So prices from local "authorised" dealers are more competative but service costs may be higher.

Another option is Hog regs (similar to some apex reg sets) from Chriso at DiveTub.com.au .He is based in Perth, does web sales at a very good price. If you are interested he runs service courses and sells service parts. He also may a loan set for you to try first.

Thanks for the advice guys I'll definitely look into the Hog regs

I was informed at my last service that my aqualung regs were no longer covered by parts for life as the company that bought them out was no longer honouring the warranty, they are only 25 years old!. Guess that i now know what the company is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom