Open heel fins reccomendations for a size 10 Neo sport bootie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m a size 10 in booties for a 5mm neo sport bootie. I’m switching to 7mm Neo sport and anticipate Switching to an open heel fin. Any recommendations for something reliable and powerful and what size would it be?

My LDS is closed for a month due to renovations and I have no other shop in the area for personal fitting, have to go online with this one.

You will be able to get pretty much any fin in the size you want. Focus more on the fin itself, based upon the diving you do. The post above me recommended the Aventi Quatro, and that is a good fin. It is one of the ones I use. It is stiff, relatively light weight, and has the large sidewall that helps with some of the more complicated kicking techniques, like back finning and helicopter turning. There are other fins with those characteristics.

Is that what you are looking for? Some people will find that fin too stiff and will prefer a softer, easier kicking fin. Make a list of what you are looking for in a fin, and then begin your search.

Check out the excellent Deep 6 Eddy Fins. Lots of reviews on Scubaboard.

Chris gives dimensions, of foot pocket of fins. Measure your own boots.

EXAMPLE:

LG:

Weight 35 oz. (1038 gm)
tip to heel of foot pocket 21.25"
tip to strap 22.25"
foot pocket toe to heel 9.25"
foot pocket width 4.25"
foot pocket height 3.25" 🐬

Back
Top Bottom