oxycheq dealers in the bay area (CA)?

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by betshsu, Nov 4, 2003.

1. betshsu

betshsu Guest

I posted this on the NDI Northern California board, but since it's a BC-related question, I figured I'd post it here as well... sorry if this is poor form.

Hi folks,
    Does anyone know of a LDS that carries Oxycheq BPs and wings in the Bay Area (preferably within a reasonable driving distance of the east bay)? I'm interested in trying out Oxycheq's smaller BP before ordering it (I tried out the Halycon set up, which I really liked, but only being 5 feet tall, I think a smaller BP might be in order).
    Alternately, if there isn't a dealer in the area that has stuff in stock to try, my LDS (in Austin... just in the east bay for a few months) can order the Oxycheq stuff for me--is there a big difference in the way the 27 lb Halycon and 30 lb Oxycheq wings feel (for example, I had no problems with going face-forward at the surface with the Halycon and no trim weights, but the Scubapro LadyHawk back-inflation BC puts me face-foward at the surface)? Or can I use the 27 lb Halycon wing with the Oxycheq BP? Thanks.

2. caveseeker7

caveseeker7 Loggerhead Turtle

For a dealer contact Patrick through his website. You might want to call rather than e-mail unless you have plenty of time.

The Oxycheque has the standard 11'' grommet spacing. If the Halcyon is the same, it'll fit. I use my 30# wing with a DiveRite plate.

The Oxycheque is a bit more solidly build and a few bucks less expensive than the 27# Halcyon Pioneer. However, the new 30# Halcyon Eclipse is made from a thicker thread, it not only has a inner and outer bag, but you can access (and fix) the inner one through a zippper. If I'd buy one today I'd likely take the Eclipse.

3. betshsu

betshsu Guest

Thanks. I did email the address on the Oxycheq page, but haven't heard back--I guess the phone might be a more efficient route.

4. boomx5

boomx5 Surface Interval Member

Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento is an OxyCheq dealer. I know it's not in the Bay Area but it pretty close. If you call them ask for Patrick; he'll fix you up with whatever you need.

Dolphin Scuba :916-929-8188

5. boomx5

boomx5 Surface Interval Member

The Eclipse definately looks like a nice wing.