P-Valve Install in Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure what the brand was. I just went to the hardware store and bought a small tube of clear Silicone Sealant.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I am getting ready for the hole punching operation.

I used 100% architectural grade Silicone by red devil (AKA home Depot special) after about 60 dives on the valve and several gallons of urine I cant say I have had a single issue.

Several gallons of pee sounds like a good endorsement to me :D

Which brand of valve are you using? and Which skin on Fusion?

Thanks Phil, I am getting ready for the hole punching operation.

Let us know how it goes.... It is scary to punch that hole...

Phil

I have had no problems with it at all... It has been removed and reinstalled in the suit several times for cleaning without a single issue... I really think that you would be fine without the patch the I put on the inside, but if I was going to do it all over again I would still do it. Having that extra material there just makes me feel a little bit better. The suit material is quite thin but it is very tough. On my other drysuit I did not feel the need to put a patch on it, but with the fusion I did...

If you have any questions please feel free to ask away...

Phil

Nope... That has not changed at all either....

That kind of surprised me... I think I was just as nervous about that. I kept thinking that the whole skin was just going to unravel...

Phil

Nope... That has not changed at all either....

That kind of surprised me... I think I was just as nervous about that. I kept thinking that the whole skin was just going to unravel...

Phil

That's good to know. I have the LE skin was thought maybe something should be put on the edge of the hole in the skin like a thin layer of Aquaseal.

Carrie

I have never seen the LE skin so I am not sure of the layout of the different panals of material. On my tech skin it goes through a section of Lycra. If you are going through a neoprene section I think that you would have less to worry about...

Phil

The LE is very similiar, except it's neoprene and has better knee pads. I thought about this, and leaving the valve on the inside of the skin would not be a good idea. It would just trap the urine between the skin and trilaminate bad. My valve was delivered yesterday, so my plan is to buy a hole punch on the way home and install it tonight. In your original post, you stated that White's did not like Aquaseal and recommended silicone. Where did you find that info? I could not find anything on White's site about how to install a p-valve. I bought a Halcyon valve and it came with Aquaseal. The bag in the Fusion is trilaminate, not different than many other suits.

Carrie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom