PADI has been sold to another investment group. Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With PADI already the top agency, I wonder how they plan to expand it? It's already known world wide.

Would you believe they are going to do a complete overhaul of their training methods? A total reversal of the continuing trend of lowering standards. A complete 180 with a "back-to-basics" theme eliminating video instruction and requiring real classroom time and mandated student/instructor contact hours both in the classroom and the confined water portions of the class. A tightening of standards, an elimination of the eligibility for open water scuba certification for 10 yr olds.. I wouldn't.

Would you believe they are going to do a complete overhaul of their training methods? A total reversal of the continuing trend of lowering standards. A complete 180 with a "back-to-basics" theme eliminating video instruction and requiring real classroom time and mandated student/instructor contact hours both in the classroom and the confined water portions of the class. A tightening of standards, an elimination of the eligibility for open water scuba certification for 10 yr olds.. I wouldn't.

So you really like PADI then, huh?

They're going interplanetary and looking to be the first SCUBA agency on Mars. :D

Now, all they have to do is find water deep enough to dive in on Mars and they will be good to go. And Martians.

OW could then lead to the Deep Space Specialty course.

OTOH, it sure beats teaching courses on Uranus. :D

jm:
Now, all they have to do is find water deep enough to dive in on Mars and they will be good to go. And Martians.

Tables would need to be revised too to compensate for the different atmospheric pressure too :wink:

Whole load of new courses too, Mars OW, Mars AOW etc

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Having worked for two companies in the past that were owned by private investment groups, I have two different experiences, but the whole point of these private investments is to make the companies they buy more profitable with a view to sell them off again for a higher price later on.

Possibly we'll have some new patches and specialty certs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom