PADI IDC crew pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Dorgan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi
I’m looking for some advice
I am considering doing my PADI IDC and wondered about the crew pack.
Does anyone know if there are any options or is there only one type of crew pack?
Also where is the best place to buy one in this country as I’m looking at doing my IDC abroad?
Thanks

The crew pack is (usually) included in the cost of the course. You could get one at any PADI shop, or from any PADI instructor, but the cost will vary.

As you'll come to discover, PADI is primarily a publishing company. They give discounts to shops based on volume, so the overall cost will be lower in a giant student mill than it would be if I sold you one.

The bigger question is; why do you want to get one before you start? There isn't much you can do with what you get. The vast majority of the materials are in the DM crew pack.
There isn't much in the way of knowledge reviews at the instructor level, unless you are doing a zero to hero type course.

What's your current certification level?

The crew pack is (usually) included in the cost of the course. You could get one at any PADI shop, or from any PADI instructor, but the cost will vary.

As you'll come to discover, PADI is primarily a publishing company. They give discounts to shops based on volume, so the overall cost will be lower in a giant student mill than it would be if I sold you one.

The bigger question is; why do you want to get one before you start? There isn't much you can do with what you get. The vast majority of the materials are in the DM crew pack.
There isn't much in the way of knowledge reviews at the instructor level, unless you are doing a zero to hero type course.

What's your current certification level?
I am a DM currently, thanks for the information I thought there would be more IDC specific content in the crew pack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom