PADI Rescue Diver cert requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI is too complicated, come and join CMAS :)
Had to chuckle. I can appreciate the sentiment. As a PADI instructor I don't personally find the standards all that complicated, but then, I have worked with them for many years. However, there are situations where the wording used to define those standards may seem a bit 'detailed'. All good organizations - and CMAS is definitely a very good organization - have to work to establish and maintain standards that uphold their mission and values. And, all of those organizations have to express those standards into clear and unambiguous wording. Sometimes, it is challenging to explain those standards to divers not particularly familiar with the instructional process. :)

By the way, I am all for repeating any warm water instruction in Rescue over again in cold water environment.

Yup. I took mine in cold water to begin with, and thick gloves definitely add a degree of difficulty that I wouldn't have otherwise had.

Yup. I took mine in cold water to begin with, and thick gloves definitely add a degree of difficulty that I wouldn't have otherwise had.
Having just dived in "warm" water (26-28C felt pretty hot compared to at home 8-14C) I would say that cold water diving does add a decent amount of difficulty that warm water divers will not get - both physically with heavier suits, thick gloves, hoods etc and mentally with generally lower visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom