PADI vs NAUI certifications, and onto AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a PADI instructor I chose PADI due to their support and popularity as well as my first instructor was PADI and a great person and Instructor. I believe that the previous answers are correct, it is all about the instructor.

My shortcoming is knowing exaclty what the standard requirements are and how they differ. Honestly i would say due to PADI certifying over 92% fo the divers in the world is a good thing but with volume also comes some perils

As a PADI instructor I chose PADI due to their support and popularity as well as my first instructor was PADI and a great person and Instructor. I believe that the previous answers are correct, it is all about the instructor.

My shortcoming is knowing exaclty what the standard requirements are and how they differ. Honestly i would say due to PADI certifying over 92% fo the divers in the world is a good thing but with volume also comes some perils

You realize you just revived a thread that died over five years ago?

But I would like to know where you got the 92% statistic from. Certainly PADI is by far the largest agency, but my understanding is that PADI certifies around 70% in the USA and less than that in other parts of the world.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You realize you just revived a thread that died over five years ago?

I'm thinking there is something buggy with the new SB and its notification system. I am using TapATalk (phone-based) and having threads that haven't been responded to in years pop up towards the top of my participated threads tab (which is usually chronologically ordered starting with the most recent.

Contrast this with when it went live and I had nothing in my participated threads tab.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305142697.270266.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305142697.270266.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 166
I dont care for the new scuba board as of yet but there are always bugs to work out at first I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom