Paris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Sympathy and Solidarity France

Liberte.jpg

Thoughts to all our fellow French divers on SB and all of France​

I had not even heard of that attack
This is exactly that I tried to show: France, Lebanon + Russian aircraft two weeks ago (244 people).
All acts done by the same ISIS, but media marked some of them bold and others just as small remarks.
Also during last two months in Israel mostly EVERY day there were a FEW terrorists attacks.
And this was not marked bold by media as well.
I just wanted o show that I am against terrorism in any country, hence I'm adding Russian and Israel flags.

Attachments

• Flag_Russian.jpg
    Flag_Russian.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Flag_Israel.jpg
    Flag_Israel.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 131
I did wonder why no one in the media brought up the Mumbai attacks in 2008. I was almost the exact same type of attack with over 160 people killed. The only difference is that the Mumbai attacks were said to be carried out by Pakistani extremists instead of Syrian.

I don't know if its the case with Mumbai but I think we here in the US may react more strongly to the French bombing because

1) we have gotten so accustomed to violence in the middle east region that it just doesn't have the same impact

2) we think that to some extent they are doing it to themselves or at least not taking an active role to stop it

3) we can perhaps better relate to terrorist violence in a location remote to ISIS.

Very nice post. Thank you. I would also like to commend the efforts of France and Belgium in seeking justice.

More terrorism in Mali today. At what point will the civilized world decide to get serious and handle this plague?

Went to Paris the week after the attacks.

The mood there was much more pissed off - than worried or scared....

We will be there this summer for a couple of weeks. We spent part of our honeymoon in that city 15 years ago so I am looking forward to returning. I have no apprehension about visiting Paris despite the recent problems. Mafi mushkaila.

GJS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom