Parts for Life program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aanderson81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I noticed that Sherwood offers a "parts for life" program however I am not seeing any real details on the website what is required for this program. Under the FAQ it just says that you need to register to participate and its for the first owner only. I assume there are some terms and conditions to this such as frequency of service?

Accidental post - please remove.

Last edited:
The standard deal is you register your new purchase then get a card to take to an authorized service center and pay for service every year. You pay for labor, parts are free.

Miss a year and you are done.

If you have a quality regulator it doesn't need service every year. Some will disagree with me but I consider the free parts for life a major scam.
(Edit) Ok... maybe if you are doing 200 dives a year or are very hard on your equipment you will need annual service. This does not apply to most divers.

It is supposedly a money saving thing but you are much better off buying used or just not trying to keep up with the program requirements and paying for service as needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom