Which location would be best fitted for underwater photography?

• Cape Verde Islands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the Azores

• Jamaica

• Dominican Republic

• Thailand

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Canary Islands

• Mexico

• Absolutely none of the above, what are you thinking?!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How I find deals in the Bahamas is thru Expedia of all places. If you're not concerned about when - i.e. you can travel mid-week before all the tourists go (before U.S. schools get out for the summer) you should be able to find some pretty reasonable options.

I'm seeing well under $100/nt. on Freeport in May. Bell Channel Inn or Flamingo Bay Hotel are two affordable options BCI has their own dive shop/boat on-site which might be useful for your photography excursions. Neither are on the beach though - that costs more. Taino Beach is maybe a mile? east of there. On the beach will cost you double/triple or more.

There's also supposed to be a very excellent public beach farther east - I can't recall the name of it but it's not built on (no resorts) since it's public.

Here's another idea if you want to add some interest to your photos - this is off New Providence (Nassau) now.
Ocean Atlas: A Massive Submerged Girl Carries the Weight of the Ocean - It's only 18' deep IIRC.

There's a Comfort Suites on Paradise Island that should be under $200 a night and a Best Western also nearby. Not much view and a few minute walk to the beach. They both have access to Atlantis - the mega-resort there. Otherwise look for something on Cable Beach possibly. Nassau resort prices will be higher than Freeport typically also.

And everything is expensive in the Bahamas since it's all imported. Plan to spend more for food than you think. If you're trying to save, over a multi-day trip, it's possible to function there without a car as there's local shuttles that run between Cable Beach, downtown and Paradise Island all day. And there's a ferry near the cruise port that goes to Paradise Island also if you find a hotel downtown. One other consideration is some of Nassau is not really safe at night - I haven't been there in a while though so can't tell you where. Cable Beach or Paradise Island should be good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom