Philippines holiday part. 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

budasub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone on the forum, I am planning to return to the Philippines, I'll be a month in the period from January to February, last year I followed this route: Puerto Galera, Malapascua, Moalboal. Now this year I am planning the route, I thought of doing Palawan starting from Puerto Princesa until you get to Coron and then spend the last days in Anilao or: Bohol, Dauin, Siquijor and finally always Anilao, what do you advise?I love dive macro and wide angle but like lounging on the beach and this year I will have with me another person who is not diving thanks in advance to everyone for helping me always dates

Will be in Romblon and Anilao for 2 weeks in feb. Maybe will meet there?

I will be in Anilao early February I was thinking of going with Buceo Anilao for 5 or 6 days if we meet I would be happy

Hello everyone on the forum, I am planning to return to the Philippines, I'll be a month in the period from January to February, last year I followed this route: Puerto Galera, Malapascua, Moalboal. Now this year I am planning the route, I thought of doing Palawan starting from Puerto Princesa until you get to Coron and then spend the last days in Anilao or: Bohol, Dauin, Siquijor and finally always Anilao, what do you advise?I love dive macro and wide angle but like lounging on the beach and this year I will have with me another person who is not diving thanks in advance to everyone for helping me always dates

I stayed at Mikes in Dauin this past February, and would not hesitate to recommend it. I would recommend that you rent a bike for the duration of the stay so that if you felt like making the trip into Dumaguete you would be able to. There is not a lot to do there at the resort although they were very flexible about arranging tours. Marco the driver who picked us up at the airport was also very helpful.

.... Now this year I am planning the route, I thought of doing Palawan starting from Puerto Princesa until you get to Coron and then spend the last days in Anilao or: Bohol, Dauin, Siquijor and finally always Anilao, what do you advise?...
1. Puerto Princesa(Honda Bay for diving), Sabang(Underground River) and I believe diving is possible at Port Barton, Taytay(read an article about diving there yrs ago) and then El Nido. Catch the ferry to Coron and finally Anilao via Manila.
2. Bohol(your non diving companion will appreciate the top side attraction), Dauin, Siquijor, SIPALAY and exit from Bacolod to Manila for Anilao.
Route 1 offers interesting and variable itinerary.
Route 2 offers better diving generally.

Toss the coin.

Thanks to everyone and especially to Centrals, in the end I opted for Bohol as itinerary,Sipalay I had not read anything thanks for the tip Central!!!!!

If you can afford the time then Sipalay is not to be missed. It will be a long drive from Dumaguete and then onward to Bacolod. But the diving there is very good and rewarding.
I dived and stayed with Artistic Diving and Easy Diving is another operator on the same beach. The beach is relatively small but very very quiet unlike Alona Beach!!!

Thanks again for the info, I was thinking of facts to spend all my time in Bohol, Siquijor, Dauin, Apo island and Sipalay, without Anilao or you think that because I have not done as a destination it would be worth take 5 hours to Bacolod, Manila airplane two hours, and 4 hours to get to Anilao? What do you think?

1. Assuming you are departing the country from Manila so the trip to Manila is necessary whatever you had chosen to do.
2. The macro in Dauin is good but no where near as good as Anilao(my opinion).
3. The private transfer between Manila and Anilao is at least US$100.00 each way!!!! Public transport is fraction of the cost(~$10.00).

You really have to decide it for yourself.

In fact, that was why I'm undecided, I have already used last year the public service to Puerto Galera and I know it's cheap, but what I weighed me is rather that they do all that long journey to get to Anilao from Sipalay, I could spend more days in the south and just get back on the last day in Manila from Dumaguete or Bacolod

Back
Top Bottom