Phoenix Area Dive Buddies? (Or groups?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for the replies, I'll definitely look into that facebook group!

Steve, thank you kindly for the offer. I'll have you know I'm newly certified and a complete newb, I'm just worried I'll make an idiot of myself around whoever, although I did pretty well passing the course and am pretty confident in my skills and buoyancy. I was certified at Lake Pleasant and dove at Christmas Tree Cove. It was AWESOME, really enjoyed my dive out there. Saturdays work great for me too. I'll probably rent my gear from a local shop that has a set I like for not much, thanks for the offer on the tanks! Let me know, I'd love to get my fins wet, been itching to do so ever since my certification.

I've heard about Mojave lake as well, seems cool at some point!

I never have a problem diving with a new diver. Welcome to the addition. The class teaches you how not to die. Diving teaches you how to dive. Don't worry about making mistakes. It's how you learn. Besides, they killed the last perfect guy. As long as you don't mind hanging out with an old guy, we're good.

I love the Christmas tree reef. I don't know if they still add trees every year. The scuba van is in the shop tomorrow but if you want to meet at the lake next Saturday, pick a time and place. I'll be the guy with the skulls on my drysuit and a tank under each arm. This is the best time of the year to dive at the lake.

Last edited:
LP Scuba has a great dive boat. I know Chad. He runs a great operation.

Thank you very much for the welcome. I'm very excited to be a part of diving, it is so incredible! I feel the same way, like the class taught me what I needed to know but practice will teach me how not to look like a clown doing it. Also you're only as old as your mind thinks you are, although I'm guessing from you're picture you're what, about 23? During class I kept hearing all the students complain about how cold the lake was. In the 7mm wetsuit I was perfectly fine, didn't even mind it and actually thought it felt quite nice.

Unless something pops up, next Saturday should work great! My built in dive buddy is still waiting to complete her OWD course and we're waiting for a good time for both her and the instructor, that would be the only reason I couldn't come, otherwise I'm down! I'll have to send you a PM this week and find out exactly where to meet you at.

Thanks again, Steve!

I'm a bit older than 23. 58, but who's counting. PM me this week.

Well, Steve was kind enough to offer to let me tag along with him, unfortunately he hasn't been around lately. I do hope you come back, Steve :(

Anyone else for the time being? I would still love to do some diving out at Lake Pleasant.

I am usually out at the lake a couple days a month and am always looking for more time underwater.

PM me and we can find a time to go splash around.

Hello,
I was just wondering if you are still looking for dive buddies/

I am out of country at the moment but I am always up for a dive when I am around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom