Pieces of eight??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoda-X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There is someone in my area that has a framed one that he wants to sell for $100. I think it's pretty cool, but is that a fair price?

I don't have any knowledge base in this field so would appreciate an education:dork2:

I would say the chances of it being a fake are much higher than it being real. Check if there is any provenance, and then check the validity of the provenance. But if it's real, that's not a bad price.

It is a piece given to someone who donated to Mel Fisher to make his documentary. Framed and "authenticated"! I am calling them today to inquire.

This is an old post but still relevant. Just some info on Mel Fisher coins...many of the coins are reproductions but they are made from the actual silver that was recovered from the wrecks he discovered. Not quite the genuine article but still very cool to have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom