Playing Around With A Conshelf Xi And Calpyso Iv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Picked up Conshelf XI (1st, 2nd, SPG) and Calypso IV (1st, 2nd) reg sets recently for cheap. Figured I'd have some fun and get them into working condition myself.

The Conshelf XI was supposedly serviced (still had the tag) 15 years ago or so and never used. The 1st stage is giving a steady 130 psi IP with no creep, so I think I'll leave it alone for now. The 2nd stage, however, had a bad diaphragm and exhaust valve and the lever is set way too high and nowhere near level with the body so I will probably take it apart and check it.

The Calypso IV was supposedly used recently to gather soccer balls off of a lake floor. The 1st stage had IP creep but that seems to have been resolved by flipping the HP seat and it's now giving a steady 130 psi IP. Still trying to figure out how the adjustment nut works (seems to make no difference and then suddenly a lot). The 2nd stage adjustments look good and hisses just as the metal mouthpiece fitting reaches water level so I will put on a new mouthpiece and call it a day.

Between the two I will get one complete setup (1st, 2nd, octo, SPG) and am planning to use the Calypso IV for pool work since it has enough LP ports without having to add a splitter. The Conshelf XI will be my garage reg for inflating tires and checking how much air is in a tank.

Will post some pictures later when I get a chance.

Been making a lot of posts in various threads, so thanks again to everyone who has given feedback.

Nice haul. I'd venture that nearly 100% of those of us who regularly post on Vintage Equipment Diving threads have several (or several dozen) Connies and Calypsos in their dive lockers. Known for reliability and solid performance, you have the standard regulators which many other manufacturers have attempted to equal. You can get a rebuild kit from Vintage Double Hose and other parts from Trident.

Yea, already picked up a set of service kits and parts from VDH. Just waiting on some diaphragms to come in now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom