Please recommend dive shops in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to add my vote for Ben and Jorge at Scorpio Divers. They provided great service and displayed a professional attitude when I did my dives with them in Cancun. They treat you like a friend and make your experience an enjoyable one.

Froid, how are you bud?! thanks for the support, as soon as the new site is good to go i ll let you know..... it ll be better than MAD as far as attention and dive options/variety goes.... time to do my own real thing now!
cheers my man!

Ben Congrats on the new shop!

We are looking forward to coming back down and diving with you. We just got the wife her OW so she can join us this time.

Froid

Thanks everyone for the advice! I am checking them all out and already contacted Ben

I've dived with Ben when he was with MAD....he's the BEST! If he's got a new business give him the opportunity to show you a great time!

Hey Ben....I'm so happy for you starting a new dive shop! We can't wait to come back to Cancun and dive with you!

Carol from AZ

I just got back from Cancun and dove 9 times with Mayan Aqua Dive (MAD). My husband and I HIGHLY recommend them, and when we return to Cancun next month I won't look any further. They were very friendly, knowledgeable, SAFE, and flexible. We dove with several of the divemasters and they were all great (Karl, Isidro, Ulises); boat staff were wonderful too (Manuel, Luiz, and Carlos). My husband is a nervous diver but he felt very comfortable with them, and I was very happy to see that the divemasters kept a close eye on him (and me!) The groups were VERY small (2-3 per divemaster) and we all received a lot of attention and instruction (my husband and I did our advanced open water certification in Cancun). Definitely check them out and have a great trip!

for personal dive guides and attention myself and jorge will show you the best sites, times and days out!
scorpiodivers site will up be and complete this week, shark expeditions, liveaboards, advanced dives and the coolest wrecks around just to start.... much more more to come!
drop me a mail at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk if you want some info, rates and ideas, be my pleasure to show you the best of Cancun and whats around!
Ben...what happened to MAD? Is Scorpio still your crew?

My wife and I dove with Mayan Aqua Divers Monday and Wednesday of Thanksgiving week. They were GREAT!!! We dove the C-58 both days. Monday was low current and Wednesday it was ripping, but Karl and Ulisses made sure we had great dives on both days. We have visited Cancun many times and MAD was the best dive shop yet. We'll be diving with them again next year. We really appreciated the free cab service to and from our hotel.

Ben...what happened to MAD? Is Scorpio still your crew?

No, Ben is no longer associated with MAD. Karl and Karla are now the owner/operators. Ben departed the last week of August and he and Jorge are now running a new operation. Check out Scorpio Divers // Scuba Diving // Diving the way it should be.. Still the same excellent service and buds. They decided to cater more to the custom/advanced diving operation.

Not that they will not take anyone for some great dives....I'm hoping to do a two day live aboard on the Alacranes off Merida next time. Maybe even a three day trip to Chinchorros. They are no longer Cancun centric. Pretty much, you want it, you got it!

I am going to Cancun in November and need some recommended dive shops to book some tours with. I have been certified for 17 years. THX!

THANKS Everyone that responded. I ended up going with Ben and you were all correct. Ben is great and I wouldnt have preferred anyone else. I will definitely be diving with him next time I am in Mexico.

Thanks again everyone....and BEN especially!

Back
Top Bottom