Poll: How many tanks do you own? Rec or tek? Boat Owner?

How many cylinders do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7 HP 100's, can make 3 sets of doubles
double 53's
double 72'
1 53
3 72's
1 80
1 30
1 13

7, four steel and 3 ali deco stages. All in O2 service and "in date"

Last edited:
Double AL53s
7 steel 72s
2 AL63s
2 AL80s
2LP95s

I'm at 7 total
1 LP108
4 AL80
1 AL30
1 AL19
I see a few more on my horizon.

Peter says we have 33 . . . I've lost count. I know of two sets of double 100s, two sets of 85s, two sets of 72s, four Al40's, four 130s, two HP100s, two 120s, two 95s, 3Al80s, one funny little short tank, one Al13, two Al6s . . . Oh, and I think there are one or two of the LP72s floating around, too. And for some reason, we always seem short of tanks to dive.

1 set of al dubs
3 al80 stage and deco bottles
2 al40 deco bottles
1 al6 argon bottle

I manage to get by (barely) with 3 sets of doubles (D8,5s for rec stuff, D12s and D18s for the rest) and 3 stage/deco tanks (80cf, 7L and 40cf), and a suit inflation tank. As I store the gear at dive club premises with a whole bunch of other people that's close to the maximum of storage space I can hog... Luckily I do fills at the same place and live close by so I don't need to keep a whole lot of full tanks at hand "just in case". That also means that there's a good pool of loaners available. About the only thing I really need to get more of is al80s for bottom stages...

Those with huge loads of tanks: do you keep them as a "buffer" because of the trouble of getting fills or just because tanks are cheap and you have the space to store them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom