Poseidon Jetstream Regulator too old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oly5050user:
you mean "upstream" regulators..right about the higher IP..its usually set at 170psi..

oops... my bad... yea that's what I meant. If only my fingers would type what my brain was thinking....:confused:

They are a great reg use them as my back ups they work great dont freeze but the down side hard to maitain if you dont have a tec near you And the cost of custom hoses are way to much . and dont breath at good as new regs like the atomic m1 or apeks xtx 50/ds4
Stay away from the real old ones like 15 years old most of the are only 200 bar din ( cant use them with newer manifold and the hose are metric

You have one of the worlds best ever regs in your hands ... period. The Jetsteam/Odin replaced the Cyklon's as the worlds "tech" reg. The US Navy dove them forever, along with alot other world's military as well as the Cyklon's still to this day. Pay attention to tech mags and you'll see alot of Jetstream/Odin's around the necks of Tech/Cave/Wreck/Salvage/Scientist/etc. from around the world. The new Posiedons like the Durations are supposed to have a WOB ( work of breathing rate ) of .07 joule at 495ft. thats pretty darn impressive.

The only negative things I ever heard was they give you to much air, they are hard to get parts far and its hard to find a place to service them.

A Cyklon 300 was the 2nd reg I ever owned back in the late 70's if I had it today I'd still be diving it, but at last it was stolen. Enjoy a great reg.

Dive bunches.

Zodiakdiver:
The poseidon is an industrial Regulator. The valve for the release with the pruge button are on the side well to the right of your mask. I was told it is a high quality heavy duty instrument. I paid little for it, but was wondering by today's standards if it would hold up? How does it fare against other regulators? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks for the info: Scuba1@MarkBarilOnline.com
see it here http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=OdinJetstream

:mooner:
I dive many regs but by the time i tried a 6year old jatstream i changed all my regs to poseidons. Lots of air, great hose configuration. Dis are expensive spare parts, not many technician and freeflows on the surface if u dont put it on minus.
otherwise i love them

Zodiakdiver:
The poseidon is an industrial Regulator. The valve for the release with the pruge button are on the side well to the right of your mask. I was told it is a high quality heavy duty instrument. I paid little for it, but was wondering by today's standards if it would hold up? How does it fare against other regulators? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks for the info: Scuba1@MarkBarilOnline.com
see it here http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=OdinJetstream

:mooner:
I dive many regs but by the time i tried a 6year old jatstream i changed all my regs to poseidons. Lots of air, great hose configuration. Dis are expensive spare parts, not many technician and freeflows on the surface if u dont put it on minus.
otherwise i love them

Most of my attempts to get the unit serviced have been returned with a
yellow slip which reads "unservicable". Not sure why that is. This spring I want to have an octo. put on, is there an ideal model for this regulator will any model do? I was hoping to add a new sherwood. The extent to which I will use this model this summer will vary but I will have some opportunity to try it out. I will repost with my
advice on how the "upstream" regulator performs.
Scuba1@MarkBarilOnline.com

Send them to Joel and Scotty at TDL, they have the parts and know how to set them. The only reason I don't use my Oden anymore is that Joel gave me a sweet deal a while back on two Abyss Explorers - they use a Posidon 1st stage with the Kerby Morgan 2nd.

I had a Cyclon (300 in those days) and a Jetstream for years in the UK. I preferred the simpler Cyclon - the Jetstream was too easy to breathe from, it that's possible: it would freeflow easily, (despite being detuned) really only came into it's own on deep dives. I sold both of them when I came to the USA - finding a diveshop to service them was the problem. Now I use a Scubapro Mk10 (I got it 'free' from the London Scubapro rep in exchange for my twin-hose Merlin Mk VI, in 1994). However I still miss the Cyclon...if anyone wants to swap, I'd be interested.

It's crap. It will kill you. Send it to me for proper disposal........................:D

Actually, my number one favorite single hose regulator is a Poseidon second stage on a Conshelf or Titan first stage. To me, the only reason I slightly prefer the Conshelf/ Titan first stages is not performance or reliabilaty (they are both great) but easier service.

Back
Top Bottom