Poseidon Jetstream Regulator too old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Nigel,
Bit of an old thread, but I thought I'd chime in since you're just down the street from me in Dade Co.
Have to figure you for an ex pat, like myself.....not too many yanks called Nigel who also know what a Siebe Gorman is.
I get confused with the nomenclature of Poseidon’s.....Odin’s, Thor's, Cyclone’s, 300, 5000, Jetstream.....shower head and hockey puck.
.....I don't have any hockey pucks but I do have a couple of shower heads, in this case they are Sherwood Ultima's. Since I don't use them, I'd swap them for almost anything.
btw...I've still got my Merlin.

Last edited:
Dude, good to hear from another ex-pat: I moved to the US (CA and OR) in 2001, got this job last year. It's ironic- I'm living in a scuba-diving paradise finally, but I've only done 4 dives in the last year - I end up working or traveling most week-ends.
Thanks, but I'll pass on the Ultima's...
I'm planning to dive out of K Largo (probably mid-October) - can you recommend any good sites, particularly wrecks?

All the best,
Nigel

You're spoilt for choice for wrecks in Key Largo.
Spiegel Grove is a must do. Then there's the Bib, Dwaine, Eagle.
All are 100' + .

The old Cyclon 300s had/have a higher IP than most regs because the first stage isn't balanced, so the IP was set @300psi/20 BAR supply pressure to make sure that the downstream 2nd stage didn't freeflow as the IP increased when the tank pressure dropped, the high IP was not to boost performance. The Jetstream is an upstream servo 2nd stage with a balanced first stage so if the IP is set "high" the reg breathes tighter because it takes more effort to crack the valve with the higher IP keeping it closed...The original spec for the Jestream IP was approx 123psi @4500psi supply pressure, but because most places had difficulty with the high supply pressure most techs set them at 145-150 psi @ 3000 supply...They are great regs!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom