Poseidon Odin/Jetstream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought mine in March of 1998. It's the Tech 50D with the sealed first stage and adjustable second with the heat exchanger. I'm virtually certain my problem is that my intermediate pressure is too high at 140psi. I don't have a Zeagle dealer within several hundred miles of me to get it tuned down. I'd do it myself, but don't exactly know how. I'm just very cautious with the reg in temps under 40F.
I'm not the only one who has freeze up problems with these exact regs. I've seen several discussions on other boards over the years dealing (some recently) with T50D freeze ups. I've talked at length with some divers in southern Michigan who have had many freeze ups. I suspect the factory set IP of 140 is largely to blame. I want to drop mine to 120. What is yours set at?

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
I bought mine in March of 1998. It's the Tech 50D with the sealed first stage and adjustable second with the heat exchanger. I'm virtually certain my problem is that my intermediate pressure is too high at 140psi. I don't have a Zeagle dealer within several hundred miles of me to get it tuned down. I'd do it myself, but don't exactly know how. I'm just very cautious with the reg in temps under 40F.
I'm not the only one who has freeze up problems with these exact regs. I've seen several discussions on other boards over the years dealing (some recently) with T50D freeze ups. I've talked at length with some divers in southern Michigan who have had many freeze ups. I suspect the factory set IP of 140 is largely to blame. I want to drop mine to 120. What is yours set at?

Mike

Mine is at the bog standard factory setting. I don't know of anyone that has had an Apeks freeze up, and I know quite a few cold water divers. If you have several people with problems, I wonder if there are differences more significant in the US market models than are known about.

Jon T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom