Posiedon vs DUI weight harness

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by hex92, Mar 4, 2004.

1. hex92

hex92 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I did a quick search on the board and there seems to be several people that have used the DUI system and only a couple that have used the Poseiden.

Just looking at them online the only obviouse difference I can see is the price (~$20)

Anyone had a chance to try both or at least compare them side by side?

I need a way to carry more weight now that I am diving dry. I use the Transpac II without the weight pockets. This wasn't an issue when I had the two 4 lb trim weights and another 4-8 lbs on my belt. But it looks like I am going to need ~30 lbs with the drysuit. I haven't bought my own tanks yet so I am still stuck with the AL rentals.....

2. loosebits

loosebits Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I just got a DUI W&T Classic for use with my drysuit. I dive an LP98, 6# SS plate and Softwear 300 wt fleece. With a 3mm suit I wasn't using any weight, with the drysuit I need 18 lbs. The W&T sure beat the hell out of the weight belt. The only thing I don't like is all the webbing (webbing from the BP harness and webbing from the W&T).

I'm 6'5" and the large fit me just fine.