powerful fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cuttlemyfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the most powerful fin I can get for strong currents and deep dives? My current fins were not powerful enough for diving in parts or Papua New Guinea. Thanks

Dive Rite XT fins would do the job. High grade material, reverse foot pocket, spring straps, lots of power, works with any type of kick style.

Scubapro jetfins

Depends on Jet fin size, if you wear a medium or large I'd be looking to other, longer, fins. Save free diving fins, a longer fin such as the Mares Avanti Quattro or DiveRite XT are good in currents. I've owned them all.

Freedive fins. Check out the shop at Hermosa beach. Need a sock such as 4mm Argos Stealth booties. A well fitting footpocket and fiberglass blades.

The Hollis F1, DR XT, or ScubaPro jets are also good options.

+1 for freedive fins. If you want open heel, cressi ara and I believe reaction come close.

Freedive fins. Check out the shop at Hermosa beach. Need a sock such as 4mm Argos Stealth booties. A well fitting footpocket and fiberglass blades.

The Hollis F1, DR XT, or ScubaPro jets are also good options.

+1 for freedive fins. If you want open heel, cressi ara and I believe reaction come close.

How are your freedive fins for alternative kicks, frog, helicopter, back? My impression is they are not as flexible as a good paddle fin for general diving. What do you think? Most of my acquaintances who use freedive fins are spearos and spend all of their time flutter kicking.

Back
Top Bottom