Preparing for fundamentals / intro to tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your credibility on this topic is *ehem* lower than low.
So traumatic, in fact, that decade(s) later it's brought up at every possibility. Yet somehow not traumatic enough to be able to remember the name of the hazing instructor(s).

Sample sizes 😂
n=1: "fundies is a fraternity-style hazing audition";
n significantly >1: "just show up ready to learn and do the work and you'll be taught everything you'll need to know"

Irrelevant
This really happened
I'm not trying to personally bash you but I find that difficult to believe... As do several others in this thread.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though. That is unfortunate that you had that experience. However, I find it bizarre that you wish to bash a whole organization derived from your experience with one instructor, especially considering the significant dive experience that you state that you have. You should know better than to equate the quality and attitude of one instructor with their whole agency.

I'm not trying to personally bash you but I find that difficult to believe... As do several others in this thread.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though. That is unfortunate that you had that experience. However, I find it bizarre that you wish to bash a whole organization derived from your experience with one instructor, especially considering the significant dive experience that you state that you have. You should know better than to equate the quality and attitude of one instructor with their whole agency.
I’ve saw a poor example for RAID last year. It took the group over 90 minutes to get ready for a 25m dive. The rest of us, recreational divers, kitted up did the dive and were back on board before the three RAID divers entered the water. And no they were not on a course. I know I shouldn’t judge RAID on this one example, but one of them was supposed to be the head of RAID. If this is how to dive ‘technical’, I’ll stay recreational.

However, I find it bizarre that you wish to bash a whole organization derived from your experience with one instructor....
It wasn't just one instructor.
There were three instructors present.

And it wasn't just the instructors.
I contacted the GUE main office regarding the instructors behavior during this class, and GUE didn't GAF.

It's the entire organization, from the top down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom