Provo, Club Med, and Private Dive Operations??!?? HELP!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Ok I did some searches and found some information. Has anyone recently been to clubmed in Turks? We are considering going through the clubmed resort we are staying at to do our diving, I talked to the director of the program on the phone and the price is right for the trips they are doing.

So someone that has been there? Good? Bad? Help? If not going though club med, what about other shops on/near Provo?

The better dive operators on Provo will take you to West Caicos and French Cay. Most likely Club Med will take you to Grace Bay where the diving is not as good. If you are just a casual diver looking to do a few dives, Club Med will probably be fine. If you really like to dive and plan on diving several days, I suggest going with Caicos Adventures.

Ok few things about me and the group that is going....

I am doing my OW check out dives down there, Everyone else on the trip are experienced divers that go a few times a year.

Also, is there anything else to do around club med there? or is it kinda the island is the resort?

ronrosa:
The better dive operators on Provo will take you to West Caicos and French Cay. Most likely Club Med will take you to Grace Bay where the diving is not as good. If you are just a casual diver looking to do a few dives, Club Med will probably be fine. If you really like to dive and plan on diving several days, I suggest going with Caicos Adventures.

Caicos Adventures is good, also try Dive Provo! If you really want to do some good diving avoid diving with Club Med, they stick to grace bay, and the better diving is definately over in the West Caicos, French Cay area!

My wife and I did the Club Med thing in Provo about 2 years ago and loved it, the diving that is. The club itself is rather old and in need of some renovation but the diving they did was fantastic. I'm a very experienced diver, over 20 years experience diving all over the world including the Red Sea the South Pacific and Florida, as well as an Instructor and I thought the dive sites they took us to were great. Some very nice deep wall dives with vis in excess of 200 feet and marine life that will just blow you away. I've never dived the sites that the others here have mentioned so I can't compare them to the sites Club Med dives but I would highly recommend the Club Med dive operation to any one.

Have been going to the Turks and Caicos for more than ten years. I have never stayed at Club Med nor have I ever seen their dive op leave the Grace Bay area. I would not dive with them. Check out Caicos Adventures. They are consistently the best op on the island and guarantee that you will hit the best dive sites. They also provide pick-up and drop-off service to most of the resorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom