Puerto Galera - maganda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is what kept me away from Anilao for years. There is a resort that has an all inclusive dive pricing structure. Buceo Anilao I was there in January and it met all my expectations.

Thanks for sharing this. Having just got back from Anilao, I'll definitely be headed there again. In fact, I had already arranged for a trip there with my friends in May even before I left for my most recent trip.

Since Buceo pricing is all-inclusive, I assume they provide their own dive guides? How was the dive guide(s) you were assigned?

Leaving next week for a week in Anilao and then Puerto Galera.
What kind of water temps did you have? Suits worn by thin and 'cold' people (me :wink:)?
Thanks,

Wonderful shots! Spent a week in PG last year at Badladz. PG is indeed one of the best diving spots in the PI. The marine life is just amazing! Oh, and yep - it's maganda! :)

In case any of you are wondering, "maganda" is tagalong for beautiful, and this certainly applies to the diving in Sabang. I will be reaffirming this for myself in two weeks- can hardly wait. Woody

Since Buceo pricing is all-inclusive, I assume they provide their own dive guides? How was the dive guide(s) you were assigned?

Yes the guides were included in the dive rate, and they were great guides, well experienced and let me take my time shooting photos while they looked for more critters.

any hotel and dive operator to recommend? Thanks.

any hotel and dive operator to recommend? Thanks.
In PG:
Frontier, Sea Rider and South Sea Divers. None of these places have their own resort but they can find anything to suit your budget.
If you want to get away from all the noises then you should contact Campbell's Beach Resort at Big La Laguna. The closest dive operators are Scandi Divers or LBC just a few doors down the beach. Avoid Diving Park unless you are Korean or commie chinese.

i did some up-skilling with frontier and can recommend them as well. contact rick for some leads and deals with a couple places to stay, a short swim from frontier. also, if you are interested in any level of instruction, this is the first place to consider.
if u r going any time soon, opt for a place with a pool. it's unbelievably hot at the moment.
a place i usually stay is sabang inn. cheap clean large well equipped rooms, good people, and if you are a demonstrably good diver it just gets better. well set up for photographers.

Back
Top Bottom