Question Quarries open in 2023?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

revdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi mid-atlantic divers!

What quarries are going to be open this year to dive at?

I haven't seen an update on Juturna, Paradise doesn't sound like it's worth the drive, Dutch is closed...

Living in western PA, Crusty's will be our regular spot but I would like to try a few other places with decent viz.

Summersville Lake sounds fun so I'll be heading there, for sure.

Peace,
Rev

The former Dutch Springs is now Lake Hydra. My understanding is the plan is to be open this season (as soon as the company building the warehouses finishes the access road to the lake), which they're hoping is April or May. You'll have to dive with an instructor or DM. Supposedly there are plans to have a list of DMs for hire if you want to dive for fun and not as part of a class.

From their website: When Lake Hydra opens, all divers will be required to be accompanied by a certified and insured dive professional (instructor or divemaster). We are primarily a location for diver training and certification, so approaching your local scuba center is the recommended first step to visiting Lake Hydra.

The former Dutch Springs is now Lake Hydra. My understanding is the plan is to be open this season (as soon as the company building the warehouses finishes the access road to the lake), which they're hoping is April or May. You'll have to dive with an instructor or DM. Supposedly there are plans to have a list of DMs for hire if you want to dive for fun and not as part of a class.

From their website: When Lake Hydra opens, all divers will be required to be accompanied by a certified and insured dive professional (instructor or divemaster). We are primarily a location for diver training and certification, so approaching your local scuba center is the recommended first step to visiting Lake Hydra.

Sounds horrible.

JD, my daughter's name is Willow so I'm sure we will have to check that out at least once. lol. Thanks for the info.

I was going to suggest Rawlings, if you want to come South. I think they’ve changed the name to something else though… Phoenix maybe(?)

if you want to go even further South, near Rolesville, NC you’ll find Fantasy Lake that has changed ownership in the last couple of years. The new management seems to be trying to do things right. I had my AOW dives there nearly 30 years ago and you’ll want a wet suit there or Rawlings. Come on down and enjoy the Sunny South. We don’t do Shoo Fly Pie here, but our Brown Sugar Pie must be tasted to be believed!

🐸

Back
Top Bottom