Quarry question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's in east Texas I know where the metallic taste is coming from. It's a stolen car dump. Everyone in Arkansas and Louisiana knows that.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Teknadv3x:
Keep me posted.
Question is there fish in the quarry?

Thanks in advance
Dave
It was a clay quarry. No fish life. It's also my understanding that there ARE some cars in the quarry. sealskin98, do you know something that I don't? :wink: I've even heard reports that some of the large machinery was lost in it. My dive in it was brief so I can't confirm this.

freediver:
It was a clay quarry. No fish life. It's also my understanding that there ARE some cars in the quarry. sealskin98, do you know something that I don't? :wink: I've even heard reports that some of the large machinery was lost in it. My dive in it was brief so I can't confirm this.
i remember hearing stories about a quarry that flooded while it was still active and all the equipment was still there. they also said that people drowned there every year because they got tangled up in the cables but this was in the mid 70's and was somewhere in west houston.

as for car dumps, lakes and quarries have always been used to dump worn out and stolen cars in and the deeper the better.

Back
Top Bottom