"Quest for sunken warships" TV show tomorrow on Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyKagan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I hope you caught the first 2 episodes of "Quest for sunken Warships" on the Military channel The newest episode on the USS Oriskany will be primering tomorrow night at 10pm! If you havent seen any of them they are ALL SHOWING tomorrow night WED NOV 7th. Starting at 8pm on the Military channel.

Hope you all tune in and watch. They are well done and hey its a diving show! This one will focus on the Mighty O in Floridas panhandle, its the largest artifical reef in the united states at just over 900ft long. We shot video from the bow and props at 218 feet up to the control tower in the island, we peneterate to check out the flare locker where a fire happend during the Vietnam war plus so much more. This show brings in mixed gas, rebreathers, and DPV's to be able to capture the entire wreck.

Tune in WED night 10pm and ENJOY!

Becky

Military channel website
Military Channel :: TV Listings :: Quest for Sunken Warships

youtube teaser
YouTube - Quest For Sunken Warships - Nov 7th Military Channel

Were you involved in the filming? I saw some of your work, I believe in ADM, and frankly it was stunning. Hope to catch you in cave country sometime. Maybe get a professional photo taken by a celebrity photographer/videographer...

Twist my arm to take a photo! haha I was involved in the videography. I shot both underwater and topside video for the show including stills whenever I snuck in the chance (which was often) =) It was a fun and a great learning experience to be involved in a production like this. I hope we get a good response and every show is differant. I havent seen the Oriskany episode yet, but I know from shooting that we worked well as a team and since we focused on one wreck we covered SO much area which should make it a great show.

If you didnt catch the Truk episode it will air at 9pm just before the Oriskany at 10pm =) We really do need more diving shows out there.

Thanks for the compliments, I was a featured photogrpher in an ADM issue, hopfully more to come!

Bec

Great work Becky! I caught some of the Truk episode and the USS Murphy one. Do you know when in Nov. or Dec. they are showing all of the episodes? I missed recording them and want to see the entire series. Congratulations on all your hard work being paid off!!!!! God bless!

Great work Becky! I caught some of the Truk episode and the USS Murphy one. Do you know when in Nov. or Dec. they are showing all of the episodes? I missed recording them and want to see the entire series. Congratulations on all your hard work being paid off!!!!! God bless!

Sharkman72fla,

Hey glad you caught some of the episodes, Im not sure when they are replaying them. I just checked out the Military channels website to give you an answer and i down see any on the schedule. Im sure they will be replaying in the future ...here is the website to check the listing times when they will air.

Becky

Military Channel :: TV Listings :: Quest for Sunken Warships

Hey thanks! I did check the schedule today and did not see any listings soon. There are 4 episodes is that correct? Its kinda cool that the latest issue of Scuba Diving magazine featured an article on Micronesia and went over some of the same wrecks. I'm sure I'll catch them again or get them on DVD. Thanks again and Safe diving!!!

I havent seen the Oriskany episode yet, but I know from shooting that we worked well as a team and since we focused on one wreck we covered SO much area which should make it a great show.

Hey Becky!

I can put it on DVD for you. PM me if you'd like a copy. BTW great show!

Wys.

Really love the show!

I was actually in the background of one of the scenes during the USS Murphy episode. The boat I dive on (The Gypsy Blood) is docked right next to Bill Cleary's "Depth Charge" and I remember them filming one Saturday or Sunday moring earlier this year. During some of the b-roll shots during the Murphy episode you can see us over Dan's shoulder getting the boat ready for a charter.

Almost famous!

I enjoyed the episode on Cape Hatteras. Maybe because I have been on most of the wrecks covered in that episode. And did them from one of the two dive operators featured as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom