Question about cave diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well guys, it's mostly bad news. I spoke with him. Last weekend he went and dove the cavern at Morrison. I told him that cavern or any overhead was just as dangerous as caves, but he didn't believe me. He said he "wouldn't do anything that he knew he couldn't handle" and the he was going to continue to dive into canvern and overhead areas. He said he was only goes places where he can see the openings while inside. I tried to convince him that this isn't safe.

We talked about the recent Vortex incident and that didn't sway him. I mentioned Superbugman's offer to be at Vortex, and he thought it was going to be a free caving cert. I corrected him and said it was just an informal meeting to talk about the dangers and he completely lost interest.

Luckily, he did say he is planning on taking a cavern course, but didn't say when. I couldn't convince him of anything. I think he has talked with a few people and knows just enough to get himself into trouble. I'll continue to talk to him about it every time I see him, but that is only once a week.

well, tell him that now we know that he was told, if/when he dies or gets hurt in an overhead we will say *the same things or worse* about him as are in the recent vortex thread. he may think he's seeking glory, but when he gets there, we will call him an idiot for all time. if he wants that as his epitaph, go for it.

Go after the girl, focus on the girl, save the tatas at the very least.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom