Question for fellow Canadians flying Air Canada to Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We fly Air Canada because hubby gets 3 72lb bags free (retired military) more than enough for all our gear. :)

From Atlanta not Canada (we'd like at least ONE of our hockey teams back, y'all), but we've been to Couples Swept Away and Tower Isle before and brought our own gear. We can fit everything in three suitcases - 2 checked and 1 carry on, though I've learned to distribute the heavier stuff between the cases equally to keep them each below 50 lbs. This means a mix of clothes and scuba gear in each case. The rental gear there is typical rental stuff - well-worn but seemed maintained.

You'll probably want a nice outfit or two for dinners, but casual is the norm otherwise. Shorts, sandals and buttoned short sleeve shirt was typical. We enjoyed diving there - not sure why folks knock it so much. Couples isn't really dive-centered, but the dive operation was well run. They cater to newer divers, and you'll likely have Discover Scuba noobs along on some dives. DMs kept dives at around 40-45 min, but did their best to accommodate everyone's preferences.

take fewer clothes! and pack your carry on wisely - they do not weigh it.

100 lbs between 2 people is a lot of stuff when you think about it.

if your focus is diving then cut down on non dive stuff.
if you are fairly casual about diving, then cut down on dive stuff.

since my trips are very scuba focused i take minimal clothes: i wear a single pair of sandals and do not pack any other footwear (this approach is fairly extreme and backfired a bit when we got stranded in newark snow storm on our return from bonaire at xmas - slush and sandals do not mix well). my whole point is to serious question each item you stick in your luggage.

and you may just have to get used to including the hidden cost of extra luggage in the price of your flight.
you need to pay for everything now with AC, bagage, seat etc...

I ceased flying AC when they tried to keep my money (3 round trip tickets) when all international flights were cancelled during the pandemic. It took me 8 months to get my refund, They fought me the whole way...

I ceased flying AC when they tried to keep my money (3 round trip tickets) when all international flights were cancelled during the pandemic. It took me 8 months to get my refund, They fought me the whole way...
i know the are horrible. unfortunately not
much of choice here flying from YUL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom