• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Question for people who know people...

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by SCUBAgator, Apr 11, 2002.

1. SCUBAgator

SCUBAgator Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I'm highly considering going to Bob Brayman's International Diving Career Institute at Hall's. It's located on Marathon Key in Florida... It is on the pricey side of becoming instructor certified, but they seem to have a good reputation. Can anyone out there weigh in on this topic? Thanks!!

2. Walter

Walter Instructor, Scuba

Sorry I can't help with info on the course, but I can assist with geography. Hall's is located in Marathon on Key Vaca. There is no Marathon Key.

3. moxie

moxie Nassau Grouper

Have you looked at ProDive in Ft. Lauderdale? I've seen them in operation and dived with them when they were doing instruction and they were very impressive!

4. Diversauras

Diversauras NAUI Instructor

# of Dives:
    I ewent through Bob's course back in '82 and it was the best course I ever took. It really made me york and I really improved my own skill level. That and the advert they are now using, that 100% of their students get placed... That sounds pretty good.

5. devilfish

devilfish Instructor, Scuba

Hands down go to Bob Brayman's. There are many places to take an Instructor course, but I can tell you this. The reputation in the inductry is that if you took a course from Bob, you have a job. So, regardless if you are looking for work or not, you will have the best Instructor course anywhere.

6. SCUBAgator

SCUBAgator Solo Diver

Walter, thanks for the clarification, my geography of the keys ain't up to snuff yet...!
    Moxie, I do know of Pro Dive, and I have even dove with them before, but, it seems Hall's has a massive reputation preceding them. A LDS owner here is a grad of Pro Dive, but he even admitted Hall's is really really good.
    Thanks for the help greg and devilfish too!

7. devilfish

>>you will have the best Instructor course anywhere.>>
    Well, almost anywhere. You could always take the course with me.

8. SCUBAgator

SCUBAgator Solo Diver

NEW JERSEY?!?! forget that! i can barely stand the 72 degree spring water down here! ;)

9. devilfish

Nahh, not NJ, in Curacao. I have a perfect place there.

10. SCUBAgator

SCUBAgator Solo Diver

oh, curacao... ok, i could maybe do that... if the money wasn't a pain in the @$$ first! :p