Question for the masters - TriMix / Manual CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we are arguing a rather pedantic point. I prefer my dil to have a bottom PO2 of 1.0, and that is why I like a hotter bottom baailout. rjack321 claimed bailing to 1.6 PO2 was a bad idea. While your strategy is different than mine I am not convinced mine is a bad idea.
Can anyone cite a credible example (sport diving) of anyone toxing at 1.6 or less? I know of one case and if you look at it there were extenuating circumstances.
Look up the IUCRR incident report for "The Crack", July 14, 2007.
It was on OC but she toxed at <1.6.

If you're bailing because your loop ppO2 is out of wack and high, bailing from 2.0+ to "only" 1.6 is a bad idea. If you are bailing due to CO2 bypass, CO2 is synergistic and increases your risks of O2 toxicity. So again you don't want to go from a high CO2 loop to a high ppO2 bailout.

All to save perhaps <5 mins of deco? That's a bad trade.

That’s a lot of great knowledge thank you. I hope to start and pass my trimix this October and I’m always 50m deep so this is great for me to know. Thank You.

Can anyone cite a credible example (sport diving) of anyone toxing at 1.6 or less? I know of one case and if you look at it there were extenuating circumstances.
Yes-a female diver in her mid-late 20's toxed and died on an OC trimix dive running a bottom PO2 of 1.4.--at the crack as @rjack321 pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom