Question re Nemord Snark III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shortdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello from Sydney Australia.

I am rebuilding a Nemrod Snark III double hose reg. I have stripped it down and cleaned the metal parts which are in very good condition, but not surprising the rubber parts are a bit shot. I have ordered and received hoses, mouthpiece, LP diaphram from VDH and got them today. Very happy! The HP diaphram is in bad shape. The DA Aquamaster HP diaphram fits but is a fair bit thinner than the Nemrod one it is replacing. My thoughts are that I can tighten up the adjusting the spring to make up for the thinner diaphram.

Comments or hints are working on the Snrak would be appreciated.

Also the O-ring between the can and the reg body is shot. Anyone know where I could source one (96m in diameter).

Thanks for any assistance:)

Welcome to the board.
I am not going to be too much help since my first Nemrod is on the bench waiting for me to get some time. Looking at the manual, to compensate for any differences in the diaphragm, adjusting the screw (#73) on the bottom lever (88) should do what you need.
How do you intend to set and monitor IP and test the function of the overpressure relief valve ? The manual indicates there was at one time a test gauge but it's unlikely you will find one, guess that is also on my "to make" list.
I know several of the guys on the VDH site have rebuilt Snarks so asking there may get you more information.

On the Oring, what is the thickness of the Oring (1mm/1.5mm/2mm/3mm??)? I found some 94 and 96 mm Orings at an industrial supplier for around $1 US (must buy 15) or as an alternative, you could buy Oring material and make your own. You cut what you need and glue it together, not something I would do for high pressure applications but for this it should be fine.
Keep us posted, I have one ( and a Dacor) that I will be getting to sometime, although it may be winter before things slow up.

Thanks Herman.

I will make something up for the OPR valve. I will post photo's when it's finished.
Best regards. Phil

Don't know about the IIIs but the Snark single hose use metric threads in the OPV, they are almost 3/8x24 like the other ports but not quite and my bet is the IIIs are the same. Making an adapter that adapts the metric thread of the OPV to 3/8x24 so you can use a standard hose would be the best option. And don't forget to include some type of OPV on your Ip gauge otherwise you might end up with an exploading hose.......I blew one last week, my ear rang for the rest of the day- long story. :)

Thought this might help img886.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom