Quo phoc - vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all !!

I have always used scuba board as a reference but i have never actually posted on here before - so hello from Australia :)

Im looking at taking my IDC in the next few months and i have been reading about the island of quo phoc in vietnam. Just wondering if anyone has some first hand experience diving there?
Thinking of this island as i have a few friends who have worked there and a few connections. But upon reading online it looks like there is very often poor visibility and strong currents. ( no problem with either of these; but i would like to get some good dives in !!)

Or if someone wants to make another recommendation im also open to that :)
Thanks so much for your help

I dived Phuc Quoc so I'm assuming were talking about the same place - honestly along with Nha Trang did not find either place worth writing home about. Bad viz and not a lot of marine life compared to other nearby destinations. At neither spot did I encounter currents. I guess on the same level but way less crowded than Nha Trang you could also try Koh Rong in Cambodia - nice bioluminescence on Long Beach most nights. If you have friends there, why not but I would not class diving there as a drawcard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom