Racha Noi's Ray Ban Reef or When Bubbles Go Down.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ringo:
Bowmouth! Doh!!! Now I have finally gathered who you are! Wondered how come you knew all the dive sites so well. Doh!

Yes we remember Pauli - how could we forget him? Great photographer too!

Otherwise great to meet you on SB and when you next visit Phuket please do pop in for a visit - the beers are on ice already! Perhaps you might want to go in search for that Black frog fish at Karon Rock again?

Chantal

Cold beers DO sound good to my ears! I'm soon off to work again though and will not have time to come and visit before November. I'll stay in touch on SB and we'll arrange something sometime!:D

Ringo:
Bowmouth you must be thinking about the good old days when Fantasea's Reef Runner (when Amarit was the captain) used to go this site every Friday? The rules then: no divers with less than 50 logged or less than AOW certified? The days of when Rob, Gill, Lucy (remember Lucy's Reef), Nigel, Kevan and Mick were divemastering? Nowadays the daytrip boats hardly go there.

I also know of 3 Instructors and 2 DM's who attempted this site with raging currents - managed to stay down 11 minutes max!

A truly amazing site but can be hairy!

In the Good Old Days!!! ... Jumped in, straight into the path of a manta swimming into the current ... not entirely sure who was more shocked. Scared the living bejeez out of me.

Another time, with Dive Asia, we got to the plateau, and hanging on for dear life, when some numpty with a twin 12 set up and a spear gun turned up!!!

Well suffice to say, he didnt add me to his Xmas card list

Im doing good.
Preparing to return to the fold.
Possibly Sudan or Puerto Rico (for a reef conservation jobbie)

But if nothing happens, then could be Sawadeee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom