Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaHankNYC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!

I'm heading out to Raja Ampat on a liveaboard. This will be my first trip to the region. I will be diving off the Aggressor. Are there any must do dives sites while I'm out there?

Thanks,

HH

we were in raja ampat last month. we were shore based though. we were at sorido bay resort (central raja ampat). in that area, cape kri, blue magic, mike's point, friwenbonda, sardine reef. are all popular spots.

Thanks!

Aggressor should be taking you to the "must do" sites.

I guess it all depends on where they are going. Raja Ampat (RA) is big. For a 7-day trip they may take you to south or north. You may need 12 days to cover all RA.

The place you don't want to miss in the south is Magic Mountain. To the west will be Mellisa's Garden & hike up to the top of Penemu island. To the north is to hike up to the Wayag island. In the central don't miss Wofoh, Pef house reef (Batu Sembilan) & the Passage. To the east (Dampier strait) besides what mentioned above, don't miss the Arborek jetty (especially the night dive there), Manta Sandy & Manta Ridge.

Good point DanT. I hadn't thought about the length of the trip. This is a bias of mine because I would never consider a 7 day trip for Raja Ampat. Even after 12, I don't want to get off the boat, though I am usually ready for some different meals.

I guess it all depends on where they are going. Raja Ampat (RA) is big. For a 7-day trip they may take you to south or north. You may need 12 days to cover all RA.

The place you don't want to miss in the south is Magic Mountain. To the west will be Mellisa's Garden & hike up to the top of Penemu island. To the north is to hike up to the Wayag island. In the central don't miss Wofoh, Pef house reef (Batu Sembilan) & the Passage. To the east (Dampier strait) besides what mentioned above, don't miss the Arborek jetty (especially the night dive there), Manta Sandy & Manta Ridge.

Thanks for your recommendations Dan_T!!

Good point DanT. I hadn't thought about the length of the trip. This is a bias of mine because I would never consider a 7 day trip for Raja Ampat. Even after 12, I don't want to get off the boat, though I am usually ready for some different meals.

Me too, didn't want to get off the boat, but I got to go back to work to save some money for the next trip. :(

I made my first trip to RA in April. Totally agree with Magic Mountain...we spent a few dives there. The jetty dive is also great....although in relatively shallow water, so much going on. The Penemu hike is also worth it - beautiful views...that's our liveaboard in the distance.

Raja%2520Ampat%2520-%2520Damai%2520-%25202016%252060-XL.jpg

Have a great trip!

That's why I did a crossing trip then immediately followed it up with another 10 day trip in that covered all of Raja Ampat.

On any trip to RA IMHO spend as much time in the South.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom