Raja Liveaboard in November - Hi all. I am having a hard time deciding which vessel to try.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rachel90803

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all. I am spending hours trying to figure out what liveaboard to go on. Also, I know this sounds strange, but is it really possible to get internet on the ones that say they have it. I know it would be great to totally disconnect, but I have certain circumstances that make it easier for me to go, if I can have internet contact. Also, I will be coming from LAX. For those who have done this, is going to Jakarta the best or Dempasar? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

Given that you have the choice it's Denpassar all the way!

I'm surprised that any of the boats are saying that they have internet coverage. Are you lookjng at 7 days or 10-11 days?

Which boats are you looking at?

Hi there. Tanks for such a quick response. Yes, some say they do. Right now I am looking at La Galigo 9 nights, Pindito 11 nights Lady Denok 11 nights, Aurora 13 nights. Every time I think I need to just decide, I find my ideas. Do you have any opinions on any of these or others. I want to go in November so my choices are limited. Rachel

Have you searched those boat names here on the board? I'm not familiar with any of those boats. Sorry.

Internet is iffy and very slow when it is available. Usually where they have phone signal, they will have limited internet but again very very slow. Hard to download email etc. might be able to take a peek at Facebook and load iMessages, but don't count on anything for sure.

I am not quite sure how to find boat names on this. I have found those elsewhere. Thanks Cali Diver for the internet info.

Go to the Search Forums and enter the boat name (s). Dan-T has recently discussed La Galigo, if I'm not mistaken and I'm sure I've seen Pindito discussed. Lady Denok is not familiar to me at all.

Hi Rachel, I replied you about La Galigo in the other thread. Great liveaboard.

About wifi, Cali_diver answers it. What I do for plan B is to get Indonesian simcard for Rp.100.000 ($7) from simPATI stick it to my old, unlocked iPhone4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom