Really Deep Reservior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can honestly say that this is something.

Are you under the influence of nitrogen?

N

Mostly we use aggressive helium mixes for these dives.

This is an expedition of unparalleled scope and the safety of our team is always our first concern. To that end we have built the best filling station in the US and even analyze all our gasses out to two decimal points before using them (eg: 16.02% Oxygen and 61.23% Helium).

Oroville Dam is 770' tall with a water depth of about 600. Tahoe is dammed and is about 1645' deep. Superior is also dammed with a depth of about 1330'. The Tahoe dam (Tahoe City) and Superior dam (Sue Sault Marie) are not very tall.

No dam on Crater Lake.

Edit: Corrected the depth of Lake Superior...I was about 100' off.

Last edited:
Superior is not dammed at all. The St. Mary's river supports 2 locks on both the US and Canadian sides while the river runs freely between them. Superior is also about 1330 as we have been sidescanning over the narrow crevice that holds that water northwest of Whitefish Point. And as I said, this is not real, just a guy who thinks it's funny to make a fake adventure.

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your correction. I relied on my visit to the St. Mary's river and other statements such as the one below:

Other works[edit]
A set of compensating works are located at the mouth of the rapids, which are used to control the outflow of water from Lake Superior. The works consists of 16 gates, half of which are on the American side, and the other half on the Canadian side of the river. They were completed between 1901 and 1921.[6] This flow is controlled by the International Joint Commission.

Pictures are available that show the locks (more than two) and the control gates.

I swim down there. I swim around and saw something. But then I swim back up. The experience was intensified by pouring Old Hawk whiskey in my cylinder before fill. The mix was critical considering the great depths encountered while viewing something. I will never be the same. N

The experience was intensified by pouring Old Hawk whiskey in my cylinder before fill. N

That's an aggressive mix for narcosis preparation both for the surface and the tiki pool bar.

Mostly we use aggressive helium mixes for these dives.

This is an expedition of unparalleled scope and the safety of our team is always our first concern. To that end we have built the best filling station in the US and even analyze all our gasses out to two decimal points before using them (eg: 16.02% Oxygen and 61.23% Helium).
Reading all of this and trying to make sense of it....If I did not know any better I would have thought you are from the Doc Deep's team

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom