Recommendations For Pony Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"The only ones I've purchased new were a MK-2, and a G250v "

What about that Kraken? Funny that my only "bought new" regulator is a double hose.

I was just talking SP......

there is also USD, Argonaut Kraken, DACOR, Poseidon, HOG, Healthways, VOIT, and possibly something else(?) in my eclectic collection of various pieces or sets...

there are/were some new items in those (2 HOG Zenith seconds, a USD octo, a DACOR 960, and yes, the Kraken....), but a bunch of used that I keep going

but nobody was "bashing" those other names

(P.S.- Robert, I got something "shiny and old" today.... :cheers:)

XS Scuba Compact DIN 1st stage and a HOG classic 2nd stage are what I use. The 1st stages are flow-by piston, so very simple operation and incredibly easy to maintain yourself. The kits are also readily available. Divegearexpress has a similar reg and also sells the service kits for it cheap.

Likewise, the HOG 2nd stages are a breeze and a solid reg.

I got a couple Hollis dc3/212 regs from diverightinscuba. Every now and then they buy bulk and sell at awesome price. I got 2 sets for $199.

Don't forget about maintenance costs. Since is it a reg for when all heck hits the fan you want reliable. Keep it maintained. Some brands maintenance parts kits are free if you keep maintained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom