Recommendations for starter video cam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a go pro. Got the flat lense, and have been very happy with it. Yes, I am a beginner, but for the price, I can't complain. Good enough to learn on anyway. Can anyone recommend a decent strobe to use for video with the go pro?

I picked up the Canon WPV-2 for 149.99 on close out and then got a refurb Canon HFM300 for 200.00 added a red filter from Ikelite for $80. I was pretty happy with the video I got from Little Cayman. I haven't gotten through editing yet, but the unedited footage looked pretty cool. I'd like to add a WA and tray w/ handle at another point.

I just picked up one of the Intova Sport Pros today at Leisure Pro for 199. I can't wait to use it. I had initially bought a Go Pro Hero 2 but then I returned it as i could not justify dumping another 2-300 just to use the thing diving.

The Intova is ready to use out of the box... already has a flat lense and and LCD built in. It also uses a universal tripod mount which I think is a huge positive. It seems to be built more for diving than the GoPro and it is remarkably cheaper. The only major difference that I can see is the 60 fps vs 30fps when comparing the two.

I've got a great entry level HD video camera for sale. It takes amazingly good video footage. It's a JVC GC-FM1 Picsio with ikelite housing and Ikelite Pro V-8 video light. I have it advertised on scubaboard. I'm only selling it because I'm so excited about this new hobby that I'm in the process of purchasing an even more advanced system. This system is so easy to use...press one button to turn on the power...and a second button to start/stop recording. You can check out the videos taken by Ikelite on Youtube.

I now I'm a little late getting on the thread, but in case your still looking for an inexpensive system that delivers quality video and stills here it is. JVC Picsio WP10 in an Iklite housing with one or two Ikelite Pro V8 lights. Better Quality video than the Go Pro. You can also add a wide angle wet lens later. you can see a lot of video on you tube using this set up.

I just received the new GoPRO underwater housing for the new GoPRO HD2 to review. Its port is flat. Took it diving the other day. Terrible conditions..green water and very dark at 105ft. Should have had lights as without them the grain gotten made the test footage unusable.
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom