Recommendations on full length wet suits with "convenience" zipper in front?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is that big of an issue use a catheter and an appropriate length hose.

actually i am now trying to envision the social impact of this.
1. you do the cop rig... like a backup piece on the ankel. you reach under the leg of the suit and pull the end of your hose and hang you leg over the side
of course if you could do that you could do that inthe water.
2. you would be the only one onboard with a 3 ft hose, and that alone WILL be a point of converseation no matter which way the talk goes.

Considering the cost of installing an additional zipper (haven't seen any wetsuit with a relief zipper pre-installed), it'd probably be cheaper and easier to either:
a) Just go in your wetsuit
b) Strip halfway so you can go unhindered

Now, if you're talking drysuit, that's a whole different story.

I had a relief zipper on my Fathom wetsuit. I sold ton of those wetsuits in the 80's for $700 - $800 ( all custom ). Now, decent wetsuits are $200 - $400.

I would love to see a relief zipper in a stock suit. What is it worth?

Considering the cost of installing an additional zipper (haven't seen any wetsuit with a relief zipper pre-installed), it'd probably be cheaper and easier to either:
a) Just go in your wetsuit
b) Strip halfway so you can go unhindered

Now, if you're talking drysuit, that's a whole different story.

a) no good. Haven't yet in 6 years
b) Not possible in the water with farmer john suit. On land/boat yes, but that doesn't help you underwater.

If it is that big of an issue use a catheter and an appropriate length hose.

Works like a charm. In general I don't bother but for some outings that I know will be extended it's nice to end not being fermented.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom