Recommended Dive Operators For Sardine Run 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjgoodman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

I'm planning to cross a bucket item off my list and would like to know which dive operators people recommend for the Sardine Run 2016? Thank you.

Matt

Hi Matt, have you allready found a propper solution? I have the same plan on my list for this year and i am looking for some one to plan this trip together.
I want to organise this on my own but i think this will be much easier with someone together.
I think about a flight to Johannesbourg and a roadtrip to Durban where diffent dive bases are located. Then 2 Day's Proteabanks and 10 Days Sardine Run; Perhaps at the end a trip to Captown would be great (if i am allready there ;-))
What are your Plans?
I am A Divemaster with more than 400 dives cold and warm Water.

Kind regards

Cornelia

Hi Matt, Cornelia,
I'm doing my self as single, almost the same trip you are planning
day 1,2: flight atlanta -Johannesbourg JNB (delta airlines) same day flight to Cape town (SAAirlines) arrive at night
day 3 : great white cage dive sleep at Gansbaai
day 4 : great white and after that at noon, back to cape town and fligth to durban (Fly mango airlines) and sleep at umkomaas
day 5, 6 , 7 : dive at aliwal shoal (stay at umkomass ) Agulhas haus
day 8: Dive protea Banks
day 9, 10, 11, 12 13, 14 : sardine run
day 15: fly from Umtata to JNB and at night back to US and then to MEX, with half day at JNB ( if I have energy may visit apartheid museum, or something close to JNB I will do)

Thats the original plan trip, and depending on whats going on during the trip it can be modified, ( weather conditions, if I get very tired, or what ever could happen) , maybe I can miss one day at aliwal shoal, or sardine run, lets see whats happen.
The domestic flights at South africa are not expensive so in order to get the best once in a lifetime experience, I'm prepared to make changes at the time. Another thing its that I pay my flight to JNB with travel points and was lucky enough to get business class seat, so I going to try to sleep during the flight.

So, what you think about this trip or if someone can give any advice how to improve this trip i will appretiate.

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,
That sounds not bad. Have you allready booked your sardine run package? And at which date you start?
I must admit i woundering if it's realy a good idea to do domestic flights... Sorry for my poor english... I hope you understand what i mean
Cornelia

Hi Matt, Cornelia,
I'm doing my self as single, almost the same trip you are planning
day 1,2: flight atlanta -Johannesbourg JNB (delta airlines) same day flight to Cape town (SAAirlines) arrive at night
day 3 : great white cage dive sleep at Gansbaai
day 4 : great white and after that at noon, back to cape town and fligth to durban (Fly mango airlines) and sleep at umkomaas
day 5, 6 , 7 : dive at aliwal shoal (stay at umkomass ) Agulhas haus
day 8: Dive protea Banks
day 9, 10, 11, 12 13, 14 : sardine run
day 15: fly from Umtata to JNB and at night back to US and then to MEX, with half day at JNB ( if I have energy may visit apartheid museum, or something close to JNB I will do)

Thats the original plan trip, and depending on whats going on during the trip it can be modified, ( weather conditions, if I get very tired, or what ever could happen) , maybe I can miss one day at aliwal shoal, or sardine run, lets see whats happen.
The domestic flights at South africa are not expensive so in order to get the best once in a lifetime experience, I'm prepared to make changes at the time. Another thing its that I pay my flight to JNB with travel points and was lucky enough to get business class seat, so I going to try to sleep during the flight.

So, what you think about this trip or if someone can give any advice how to improve this trip i will appretiate.

Gabriel
Hi Gabriel,
have you planned your trip and find the operator already? My husband and I just want to plan almost the same trip for this July. If you have the information to share will be nice and we may join together?

Back
Top Bottom