Reconfiguring gear for twin vs. single tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering what the conventional wisdom is when switching between twinsets and single tanks.

Do most of you have a separate set of regulators for each configuration, or do you move hoses around as needed?

I currently have enough regs for each setup.

But, it isn't too hard (depending on your first stages), to swap back and forth with moving 2 hoses. I generally used the Left Post 1st stage, and moved over the longhose and wing inflate from the Right Post.

It all depends on the hose routing.

BRad

I have enough regs to have a few singles, a doubles and a couple sidemount setups.
Before that though I just moved hoses around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have dedicated regs for my doubles. The reg I use for single tank gets reconfigured to a stage Reg every now and again...mostly when I need a deep gas stage.

Same as most posters. When I first started I always just swapped back and fourth just moving hoses but you will prolly find that it's just easier buying a separate set for doubles or your singles.

Causes less wear and tear on your gear as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm too lazy to reconfigure hoses and have regulators to accommodate both single and twin cylinders. Of course, this means my laziness translates into additional service cost, as I have to maintain an extra regulator set.

I use a speleo valve on my single tank. This way I can use double regs.

I have a twin tech setup and a recreational setup including wing/BCD.

In this way its easy to change between rigs with little disruption. I dive my gear according to the type of dive I am doing, rather than trying to make one setup do all.

Nothing like the ease of throwing on a single cylinder recreational gear and finning off, over the complexity of a fully tech setup with deco tanks, but aren't those twins just great when you need more air.

AJ:
I use a speleo valve on my single tank. This way I can use double regs.

Around here H valves are the only equivalent that is readily available.

Anyone use one, not necessarily for redundancy, but for ease of switching between singles and twinsets?

I have way too much gear now, but it's not a big deal to switch hoses. If you're going to do it, think about how the regulators will route for doubles before you decide on a brand. After spending way too much as a beginner, I'm a big Hog fan now, and they route nicely for doubles and/or sidemount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom