Red Sea facts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend of mine and I are booked at Red Sea Diving Safari's Marsa Shagra location for a week of shore and zodiac diving.

It's our first time in Egypt so afterwards we decided to spend four days on a Nile cruise (Luxor to Aswan) then a few days in Cairo prior to flying back to the US.

A friend of mine and I are booked at Red Sea Diving Safari's Marsa Shagra location for a week of shore and zodiac diving.

It's our first time in Egypt so afterwards we decided to spend four days on a Nile cruise (Luxor to Aswan) then a few days in Cairo prior to flying back to the US.

When?

Please write a full report when you are back :)

Looking to dive the Red Sea probably summer of 2024. Also want to do some land tours. Any advice appreciated. Would do for 2 to 3 weeks. Liveaboard and/or land based okay.
Egypt is an amazing country- underwater as well as topside.

By all means, do not miss the opportunity for visiting places like Abu Simbel, Luxor, Cairo, cruising along the Nile etc. Yes, can be over touristic or hyper hot in the summer, but still worth getting awed by these places.

As for the diving, I think a Safari offers the best diving experience. Personally, I love the best Ras Mohammed diving sites and my favorite wreck the Thistlegorm (I.e. Safaries operating from Sharn El Sheik). But also Safaries to Brothers, Dedalus, Ellington are awesome, close encounters with Oceanic White Tips is among the best of the best underwater experiences.

When?

Please write a full report when you are back :)
We are leaving the US on 1-October and arriving at Shagra on 3- October. I will write a report especially for you 😀. I believe @JustSurfaceInterval is traveling there next month?
As for the diving, I think a Safari offers the best diving experience. Personally, I love the best Ras Mohammed diving sites and my favorite wreck the Thistlegorm (I.e. Safaries operating from Sharn El Sheik). But also Safaries to Brothers, Dedalus, Ellington are awesome, close encounters with Oceanic White Tips is among the best of the best underwater experiences.
We struggled with choosing a liveaboard/Safari versus the land-based option at RSDS. We felt RSDS offered better flexibility with respect to diving; only time will tell. At Marsa Shagra we will be able to take a 20 minute zodiac ride to Elphinstone so that dive site is covered 😀.

I believe @JustSurfaceInterval is traveling there next month?
Correct. We are still on track...
At Marsa Shagra we will be able to take a 20 minute zodiac ride to Elphinstone so that dive site is covered 😀.
It looks like there is a lot going on there right now... Dolphins, Hammerheads, Mantas, ... oh, indeed, some Longimanus (Longimani?) as well...

We dived that area for the first time last month and thought that the reefs were outrageously beautiful.

We already know the Abu Dabbab Spots and Elphinstone :p:cool:
I was quite impressed by the wall at Elphinstone. Even without any big fish, it's worth the zodiac ride.
Curious to see how the shore dives are....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom