Refresher Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another possibility, depending - your original instructor. i'm getting back to nfl next month after 18 months out (baby), and my instructor (mike o'leary) is giving me a check up.

though i know rick or jim would do a wonderful job as well!

I am considering conducting a mini-refresher type course for certified cavern divers and above. This course would consist of one or at the most 2 cavern/cave dives and will be video taped

So tell me, Rick how many of these did you do for the NACD? I have done probably about 20 and am doing them again May 12-18, 2008. I ended up donating several hundred dollars to the NACD. It was not particularly appreciated as it turns out.

Now $50 donation to the CDS for these refresher classes, we always have a good time.

Anyone interested call me. All dives conducted at Devil's Eye/ear.

I ended up donating several hundred dollars to the NACD. It was not particularly appreciated as it turns out.

Care to give any further info? Privately if necessary...

I am considering conducting a mini-refresher type course for certified cavern divers and above. This course would consist of one or at the most 2 cavern/cave dives and will be video taped

The things I would like to "refresh" divers on would be for
example: Buoyancy and trim, propulsion techniques, Lost off the line, broken line, lost buddy, gas sharing exits, running a temporary guideline, gear onfigurations, jump & gap techniques, complex navigation procedures and pre-dive Safety drills.

This is from an idea that came up during the NACD Annual Seminar Instructors meeting headed up by Larry Green

Those of you that are already certified cavern/cave divers and would like to spend a dive or two going over these procedures should let me know, dates are flexible. I am sure I can get other NACD instructors to volunteer to conduct one of these seminars as well.

If you are an NACD instructor and would like to help with this please add your name to this list.

I will be doing this at Ginnie Springs, in the the ballroom and the Devils' system, there will be a fee in addition to the Ginnie dive fee, a donation of $50 will be accepted for the NACD's Sustaining Contributor Fund
I just think this is a great idea and if I don´t end up taking a whole new course when I get back into it, this is what I´ll do, looks like very good value for money....

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom