Refresher

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
I have 450+ dives, most without a computer 95% without.
I have generally just always followed everyone else's dive profile and been ok.
I have just treated myself to. Suunto Zoop computer but don't really understand what it can do and what basic dive computers calculate.
Does anyone have any links to any good YouTube videos which explain clearly all about ASC time and deco time etc as I am quite rusty on all of that.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
I have 450+ dives, most without a computer 95% without.
I have generally just always followed everyone else's dive profile and been ok.
I have just treated myself to. Suunto Zoop computer but don't really understand what it can do and what basic dive computers calculate.
Does anyone have any links to any good YouTube videos which explain clearly all about ASC time and deco time etc as I am quite rusty on all of that.
Thanks in advance.

Suunto has a "virtual dive" guide for that computer, http://ns.suunto.com/diving/Suunto-Tools/index.html

It explains the basics of what the computer tracks - ndl, ascent speed, safety stop timing.

Think I need a bit more of a general overview of what some of those things actually mean preferably in video format.

Think I need a bit more of a general overview of what some of those things actually mean preferably in video format.
I think you're essentially saying that you want a review of the theory portion of the open water diver course. I'm not aware of anything that would be in a video form and comparable to the written materials. I would recommend instead reviewing your course materials.

If you don't have an open water manual, you can sign up for the free e-learning materials on the RAID webiste (diveraid.com). I'd recommend reading the "physiology", "equipment" and "management" chapters of their open water course manual (and perhaps the "physics" chapter as well).

Thanks, essentially that's what I'm looking for I suppose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom