Regulator Bouyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my second stages sink when out of my mouth so this is a new one on me. I did find Got2Go's post about the newer Aqualungs being a little buoyant interesting. Of course my gear almost qualifies as vintage!

I bet it is the mouth piece. I replaced the mouth piece on my Hog Classic with a comfo-bite and it sucked. It was so soft that I could not hold it in my mouth with my lips, it was like I was trying to hold jelly. I literally surfaced, went to my dive box and swapped the mouth piece back out.

This is what I put on that sucked..

qzj0pu.png

This is what I put back on..

25q935g.png

I bet it is the mouth piece. I replaced the mouth piece on my Hog Classic with a comfo-bite and it sucked. It was so soft that I could not hold it in my mouth with my lips, it was like I was trying to hold jelly. I literally surfaced, went to my dive box and swapped the mouth piece back out.

This is what I put on that sucked..

qzj0pu.png

This is what I put back on..

25q935g.png
If your teeth are like your avatar, no wonder you couldn't hold it!!!:yeahbaby::yeahbaby:

The point about vertical vs horizontal may be right on. I felt like I was well trimmed when swimming and was very horizontal and I didn't notice anything then, but when we stopped to do skills we would be kneeling or standing on a platform and that's when I'd notice the issue.
Since you should not be kneeling or standing on a platform to do skills this will be a non issue in the future. Skills should be done while swimming or hovering in a neutral position.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom